How can I get traffic to my website without ads?
How can I get traffic to my website without ads?
If you already have a website and you’re wondering how to get more traffic, that’s awesome! You should be proud of the work you’ve done so far.
Getting people to visit your website can be tough though, especially if you don’t have any paid advertisements or marketing budget. In this blog post we’ll show you some cheap and easy ways to make sure your website gets found by search engines without needing ads or other paid methods of promotion.
Create social media pages for the website
Social media is one of the best ways to get traffic to your website. There are several different platforms that you can use, and each one has its strengths. A Facebook page is a good place to start because it has a built-in audience, but you’ll also want to create Twitter and Instagram accounts so that people interested in your topic can follow and share content with their friends.
Google+ is another great platform if you’re looking for targeted traffic. That’s because Google+ users are generally more interested in learning and sharing information than they are in shopping or entertainment like on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
If you want people who have read your blog post about cats with brown fur (like I do) then creating a Google+ account could be the place for you!
Post on the website blog 2-3 times per week.
Posting on your website blog 2-3 times per week is a good rule of thumb. If you post more than this, you run the risk of posting too much and causing readers to feel like they’re being bombarded with content from you. If you post less than this, then it can be hard for people to find new things about your business when they visit the site.
Keep in mind that frequent posts don’t necessarily have to be long ones; a few paragraphs are usually enough for most blogs. However, if there’s an important topic that requires additional information or research than usual (such as a case study), then go ahead and make it a longer piece!
Guest post on other blogs
Guest posting is a great way to get traffic to your website. Guest posting is when you write an article for another person’s blog, and in exchange they link back to your site.
- Find blogs in your niche that accept guest posts. You can do this by googling “[niche] blogs” or searching on sites like [name of blog directory].
- Write the best post you can think of! Make sure it’s relevant, unique and valuable for the reader. Make sure it includes a link back to your site at the end (more on this later).
- Once you’ve published it, promote it hard! Try promoting on social media, sending out an email newsletter about it or both!
Engage with your audience via comments, email and social media
One of the most effective ways to get traffic is by engaging with your audience via comments, emails and social media.
In fact, it’s the most successful way to make money from a website. When people respond to you, they’ll be more likely to come back. They’ll also recommend you to their friends (if they like what they see).
Here are some tips for dealing with comments:
- Respond quickly – If someone leaves a comment on your site or social media page, respond within an hour or two at most! That way they’ll know that you care about what they have to say and will be more likely to come back again later for more content from you. Don’t let them get bored waiting around for a response if possible!
- Be polite – Never respond negatively unless absolutely necessary; even then do so politely! Remember: everyone on the internet has feelings! Your aim here is not just getting traffic but making friends as well; so always act accordingly when interacting online via email/comments/posting etcetera.”
Getting traffic takes time, but it is possible to increase traffic organically
If you want to get traffic to your website, the first thing you need to do is be patient. You can’t expect instant results when it comes to increasing your website’s audience and getting more people interested in reading what you have on your blog or site.
Getting more traffic requires consistent work and effort on your part—that means updating frequently and making sure that each time you post something new, it’s good quality content that anyone would want to read. In other words: don’t just publish anything! Be deliberate with what goes up in terms of content.
If all goes well, over time (and with lots of work put into it), visitors will start finding their way back again and again because they know that when they come here there’ll always be something good waiting for them.
The most important thing is to remember that getting traffic is not an overnight process. It will take time, but it’s worth it if you can build up a steady flow of visitors from organic search results.